The above information is collected when you make purchases online, arrange delivery of purchases, provide information via social media pages e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, enter a competition or complete a survey, send us an enquiry, provide us with feedback, apply for a job at ITSA or apply to become a franchisee or retailer associated with ITSA. ITSA retailers may also collect personal information when you use wireless internet access that may be available in store.
We may choose to amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on itsagoodtoy.com.au. We may also choose to issue specific privacy collection notices from timeâ€toâ€time relating to particular products or services. This Privacy Statement does not apply to ITSA employee records.
Information we may collect about you
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship
with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of service you request from us. The
personal information may include:
• Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, passport details, image and answer to a security question (for example, mother’s maiden name, your dog’s name, your first school teacher’s name), address details;
• Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date, BSB and account numbers) that you provide ITSA with in connection with the payment of products.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information about you when you use our services (including when you register to receive our newsletters or other communiques, or promotional offers), visit our website(s), complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be times when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
• Third parties that run advertising, competitions and other promotions for us or for which we are the sponsor;
• Other companies within ITSA.
Direct Marketing to you, and Opting Out
• By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to ITSA, you consent to ITSA contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may contact you in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS and telephone.
• If you do not wish to be contacted by ITSA about the other products and services we offer, simply write, phone, fax or email us using the contact details set out below and we will remove you from any mail, telephone or electronic lists used by us for marketing purposes. Please be sure to include your name, address, phone number and any other relevant details in your request, so that we can be sure to remove all personal information which may be held in our database.
How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To provide and administer our goods and services, including verifying your identify; contacting you about your orders, freight and other arrangements; processing payments; and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
• To provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
• To distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
• For support of our retail members.
• To conduct marketing activities covering topics in horticulture that may be of interest to you.
• We may distribute your personal information within our related corporations for the purposes described above, or disclose it to other parties in connection with our normal business operations. For example, we may disclose your personal information to financial institutions for the purposes of payment processing, or to third party contractors for the purposes of validating or completing your transaction, delivery, service and warranty.
Personal information, and disclosure thereof
We may disclose your personal information to ITSA related companies and will only share
that information for the purposes to which you have agreed.
We may also disclose your personal information to our suppliers and third parties that
perform other services for us in connection with the sale and provision of all our goods and
services, including third parties who:
• Conduct market research and analysis;
• Provide marketing services;
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our obligations, including to regulatory authorities and governments if required.
Cookies, and how we use them
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website
(including those you visit by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
The main reasons we store cookies are to:
• Improve your website browsing experience;
• Gather statistics on site usage; and
• Enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from ITSA and third parties.
You can set most web browsers so that you are immediately notified of when a cookie is received, which you can then decide to either accept or reject it. You can also see the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
Secure holding of your information
We hold your personal information in electronic files on secured ITSA systems.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you for the purposes of marketing, including any information we might receive from our partners or third parties.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect and use is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You can help us keep the personal information we hold up-to-date by advising us of any changes to your contact details.
Access and correction of information about you
Please contact us to the attention of the Privacy Officer, via the Contact Us navigation button on this website if you require your personal information that we may hold about you.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time. If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Privacy complaints and further information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.